Saturday, December 1, 2012

Senior Quotes

Ye old yearbook staff has required us to have our personal senior quote submitted by Friday (each senior gets their own page in the yearbook).
I've chosen mine from C.S. Lewis' The Four Loves, a book I'm using extensively for my thesis.
“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself (for God did not need to create). It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” 

And for our class quote we've chosen:
“Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received-- only what you have given.” ~St. Francis of Assisi 




4 comments:

  1. Oh good choice for both quotes. If i could "quote"that entire book i would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Francis...though I like Lewis' better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like Francis' better. They're both great quotes, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You kids are all so much smarter than I ever was. How - humbling. Yeah! I win! ;-)

    ReplyDelete